Exercises to burn belly fat
[Read: 10 Impressive Thigh tattoos That Will Make Your Jaw Drop]
Here are a few simple exercises which help in burning belly fat effectively.
Running or Walking
- Running and walking are two best exercises to burn fat. Not only does it help in burning the belly fat, it also helps to burn the fat all over the body.
- Simple exercises like jogging, swimming, walking and running act like cardio exercises and thus burns more calories and also helps in losing weight. These simple exercises increase metabolism, which in turn helps in burning more calories and fat.
- Running for a longer distance or for more time helps in burning more calories. Lifting the thighs, a little higher while running not only helps burn fat, it also strengthens the core muscles, as it works like cardio exercises.
- One needs to keep in mind that they should warm up and cool down before running or walking, especially if they intend to lose weight.
- Alternating the pace of walking as well as doing it at intervals also helps burn belly fat faster.
- Treadmill move is another effective exercise to burn belly fat. Set the pace to 1.0 mph. Stand on the Plyo Box that’s set up about two feet behind the back of the treadmill. With the hands on the belt, come into plank position and start walking, keeping the torso in one straight line. Pull the belly towards the spine and do this for one minute. This helps burn belly fat effectively.
These are a few exercises which are cardiovascular and help strengthen abdominal muscles. These may be performed before getting on to the bike. This exercise has been ranked as the #1 ab exercise as it requires more abdominal muscle activity, body rotation and abdominal stabilization.
- Lie on the back with hands behind the head.
- Raise the knees towards the chest and lift the shoulders and head off the ground.
- Bring the right elbow towards the left knee and straighten the right leg.
- Switch sides- bring the left leg towards the right knee and straighten the left leg.
- Continue switching sides to stimulate a pedaling motion.
- Breathing should be even and relaxed.
- Repeat 1-3 sets for 12-16 times.
- Cycling is considered to be one of the best cardiovascular exercises to lose belly fat faster. In fact, exercising twenty to thirty minutes a day with the heart rate at maximum levels 70-80% of the time.
- Air cycling is considered to be very effective to burn those extra calories and helps to achieve a flat tummy.
- This exercise is performed as follows. Lie flat on the back with the palms beside the head. Raise the legs and bend the knees at a comfortable angle. Do slow air cycling movements for 2-3 minutes and then take a break. Repeat this for about four times.
- This exercise targets the upper and lower abdominal areas and makes the core stronger. It not only burns the excessive belly fat, but also has a toning effect on the upper thighs and the buttock region.
- It has a toning and slimming effect on the entire body as well as strengthens the back simultaneously.
- Depending on the speed and intensity, during a 30-minute bike ride, an average person is said to burn between 250-500 calories.
An elliptical trainer is another good option to burn belly fat and get into shape. It focuses more on losing belly fat and other stored fat that causes health issues. In fact, it focuses on burning the fat which is more difficult to burn.
- It also speeds up the metabolism rate and increases the stamina of the body to work out better.
- One should make sure to follow low calorie diet and consume lots of water while performing this exercise. Hydration helps in losing weight as well as helps to flush out toxins from the body.
- This equipment has shown to be low on impact, i.e., it minimizes the risk of bone or muscle injury. It not only tones up the belly region but also tones the muscles in other parts of the body as well.
- This can be performed as a cardio workout at the gym. Set the time for ten minutes and adjust the resistance as per the requirement. It is advisable to consult a physical trainer in order to know whether the cycle should be repeated daily or on an alternate basis.
- It is also shown to have improved bone density.
- It is said that a 145 lb person can burn 300 calories in 30 minutes if this trainer is used.
- It is a cardiovascular exercise that helps reduce belly fat as well as strengthen muscles.
The Captain’s Chair leg rise
Abdominal exercises like crunches are a great exercise for burning belly fat. A Captain’s chair is more than just a crunch as it targets and strengthens all the core muscles.
- This exercise works out the oblique and the transverse abdominal muscles, and rectus abdominis. It also helps to strengthen the hip flexors, arm and the back muscles.
- This exercise was rated in the top 3 abdominal exercises. This stands second and beats out the bicycle crunch.
- This is an intermediate level stomach workout.
- This exercise is performed with the help of a vertical knee raise machine, usually present in all the gyms.
- Firmly grip the handles with both the arms, placing the forearm and the elbows flat against the padded arm rests.
- Start with dangling of the legs.
- Slowly and deliberately lift both the knees towards the chest.
- Slowly return the legs to the starting position.
- Breathing while doing this exercise is more important. Inhale while straightening the legs and exhale while bringing the knees up.
- Repeat it 8-15 times.
- In this exercise, the hip flexors are the primary movers, but the abdominal still contract during the abs exercises. As a slight variation, bring the knees up at a slight angle, twisting slightly at the trunk.
Vertical leg Crunch
- Vertical leg crunch is a great exercise for effective muscle growth in the rectus abdominis and within the obliques.
- It is similar to a regular crunch; the legs are perpendicular with the floor, focusing in the abdomen and adding intensity to the exercise.
- All of the core muscles get used during this exercise including rectus abdominus, transverse abdominals, lower back extensors and even slight use of the oblique abdominal groups. This core exercise emphasizes more on the abdominal muscles and is thus regarded to be more effective.
- This is how it is performed: Lie down with hands behind the head.
- Put the legs straight up with knees crossed.
- Flex abs to lift shoulders and head off the floor.
- Lay back down.
- The legs should be kept extended in the air the whole time.
- Inhale while laying back down, exhale while flexing.
- Do 1-3 sets and repeat 12-16 times.
- This exercise not only builds core strength, but also improves balance and posture by increasing muscular growth around the spine.
- This flattens the stomach by burning the belly fat and increasing metabolism.
Exercise Ball Crunch
This exercise ball, stability ball, balance ball and physio ball all mean the same. This not only improve balance, coordination, and stability. This exercise needs a lot of stabilization which engages more muscles.
- This exercise is performed as follows. Lie on the ball such that the lower back is supported and the feet are firmly planted on the ground.
- Place the hands across the chest or behind the head.
- Contract the abs and lift the torso up and forward.
- Lower back down
- The ball should be kept stable during each crunch.
- Inhale while lowering the back down, and exhale while crunching.
- Perform 1-3 sets and repeat 12-16 times.
- In Stability ball crunches the upper body is not supported and causes the body to use other muscle groups. It makes use of the stabilizer muscles, and the oblique muscles as well.
- Squeezing and feeling the pain is the key to get maximum benefits.
- Reverse crunches are a strength training exercise that helps to tone and tighten the muscles to reveal a defined belly once the fat is lost.
- Reverse crunch is regarded as one of the most effective exercises for burning belly fat. It has been ranked the 5th most effective abdominal exercise.
- It helps tone and strengthen the abdominal muscles underlying the fat.
- Unlike basic crunches which use the weight of the torso for resistance, reverse crunches use the weight of the lower body for resistance.
- This is the way to perform the reverse crunches: Lie face up on the floor.
- Bend the knees such that they are directly placed above the hips.
- Use the abs to raise the hips and roll the pelvis towards the ribcage with a controlled motion.
- Then slowly lower the hips to return to the beginning point.
- Reverse crunches can be part of a full- body routine to build strength and burn calories.
- Strength training contributes to the body’s calorie burn and trims the tummy in the process as it maintains and builds muscle tissue. Muscle tissue uses up more calories than fat, and it boost the resting metabolism when the body is at rest.
In addition to cardio and strength training to burn calories and increase muscle tissue, a sensible diet is also essential to reduce caloric intake. It is recommended to obtain the nutrients from fruits, lean protein, reduced-fat dairy products, veggies and whole grains. It is advisable to consult a doctor and a physical trainer before following a daily routine of diet and exercise in order to prevent any adverse effects and injuries. Not only do these exercises reduce belly fat, they also strengthen and tone the rest of the abdominal muscles. Flaunt sexy abs with these simple and easy exercises!!!!!
- Lemon & Parsley Drink Will Burn Fat From Your Stomach And Helps You to Lose Weight.
- 8 Exercises & 8 Days Burn All Your Fat And Start Losing Weight – Without Diet
- 6 Effective Weight Loss Tips That Helps In Cutting Pounds Even Without Counting Calories
- No Gym! No Diet! Drink This Horseradish & Ginger Mixture 2 Tablespoons a Day to Lose Weight Faster.