3 D Ultrasound Scan
Advantages of the 3d scan
Well with the growing technology and science now the method of ultrasound system has also changed with time. Now with the advent of the 3D scans it has become easier for the doctors to understand the growth of the fetus and the child better, so let us understand more about having the 3D scan,
- It makes the diagnosis of the fetal face defects is a clear portion
- The neural tube defects and fetal skull can be read and understood well
- The clear visualization helps the doctors on fast scanning and time is saved
- The automated system helps in dependency on people and rather helps the specialist to take action faster
- For further reference the recorded detailed data can be used again in the future with 3D scan studies
[ WORTH READ: TOP 7 REASONS WHY IT IS SAFE TO EAT MANGOES DURING PREGNANCY ]
4 D Ultrasound Scan
Unlike the 3 dimensional ultrasound scan, the 4 D has an additional dimension which is the time. The 4 D scans show moving 3D images of the baby in the womb. It gives the doctors a much clear and crystal study of the movement and the working of the different organs of the child in the womb. Even the defects or the complications the child may have due to the malfunctioning of the organs would also allow the medical team to take recovery actions before the child is born so that you give birth to a healthy child.
Advantages of the 4D scan
- The diagnosis is instant as the time taken is less
- The detailed diagnosis is available through this method for further reference
- It helps the mother and the child even the father get to know their unborn baby much better and clearer which is a strong point of bonding enhancement of the child and the new parents
- When a mother can understand the child and the changes in their body much before birth it helps them to adapt a very focused healthy regime for themselves while their pregnancy time helping further to the best growth for the child
- The best thing of the 4D ultrasound is that the father of the child gets to know the child better and this becomes a very strong support system for the new mothers as they get the emotional and also physical help from their partner which keeps then happy and healthy too
- The body organs and if any defects are there gets cleared through this ultra sound system and the doctors have the hand to get them fixed even before the child is born
- It also helps with the 2D scanning system like the fetal growth analysis
- Evaluating fetal growth
- Assessment of the placenta localization
- Hearing clear fetal heartbeat of the child
And clear capture of the child with the movement to link it or rather connect them to the family and specially the parents.
[ WORTH READ: 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT ALMONDS DURING PREGNANCY ]
Difference between 2 D and 3D/4D Scans
The standard 2 D scans are the usual scans that most of the moms undergo. But expecting mothers have shared their opinion that the standard 2 D scans are pretty disappointing since it just shows a blurry grey outline of the baby and all they see in the baby’s internal organs. This is because the scan sees through the baby and so the photos of internal organs appear. But in the 3D and 4D scans it is possible to see the baby’s skin rather than her insides. The shape of baby’s mouth and nose are clearly visible through the 3 D and 4D scans.
Are these Scans Safe For Baby?
Yes, the 3D and 4D scans are considered as safe since the images are made up of sections of two-dimensional images converted into a picture. However, experts do not recommend having 3D or 4D scans for more than 45 minutes. Nonetheless, any type of ultrasound scan should only be performed by a trained professional, for as short a time and at the lowest intensity, as possible. Safety is the first measure so these machines or the technology is built in with much precise care and safety for it handles the growth and child who is still in the womb. So a certain time is given to have these scans done as by then the body of the child is much stronger and the mother’s womb provides the safety wall from the ultra rays.
Importance of 3 D and 4D Scan
3D and 4D scans provide more information about a known abnormality. It is possible to see more detail from different angles. This scan can help in the diagnosis of cleft lip. This can help doctors to plan the repair after birth. Technology is man’s best friend and these two new techniques of ultrasound have proved the words so very well. So if you have a clear picture of your child before they are born would totally help you to understand their body system and also cope with the coming responsibility, it even helps to understand if any complication is there in the body which can be handled before hand.
[ WORTH READ: 5 AMAZING BENEFITS OF HONEY FOR PREGNANT WOMEN! MUST TRY! ]
When can one undergo a 3D or 4D scan?
It is better to have a 3D or 4D scan done when one is 26 – 30 weeks pregnant. After 30 weeks the baby’s head may go deep down in your pelvis, so you may not be able to see her face. Before 26 weeks your baby has very little fat under her skin, so the bones of her face will show through.
If the placenta is at the front of your womb (uterus), you’ll get the best images of your baby if you wait until 28 weeks. Do follow the instructions you get from your doctor for the scan as that would give you the exact and perfect picture of the baby and would be also helpful for you for further reference, do not rush on things as hurry spoils everything.
[ WORTH READ: 4 HEALTHY AND UNHEALTHY FOODS FOR 5TH MONTH PREGNANCY ]
Will I Get the Perfect Image of My Baby’s Face?
It is all a matter of luck! Sometimes you may not be able to see her clear image due to the position that she is lying. If she’s lying facing outwards, with a good pool of amniotic fluid around her features, you should be able to see her face clearly. But if she’s facing your back, her head’s far down in your pelvis, or there’s not much fluid around her, you won’t see much. The same applies if you have a lot of tummy fat. You might be asked to move around for a while or come back a week later so that the baby position might have moved. The new mother has so many questions in mind about their child, so these scans are the best answers for their query and also they get better connected to their child through these clear pictures of the new born helping them to know the baby before they are even out to this world. Son with advent of technology now the new parents can also get better connected to their unborn child.
[ WORTH READ: LITTLE ELLIE’S JOURNEY OF HER DREAMS TURNING TO REALITY ]
It is very natural for the expecting parents to have that urge to see their little one. If you’d like a 3D or 4D scan you’ll probably need to arrange it privately, and pay an additional fee. The clinic may also give you a recording of the scan on DVD, though this is likely to cost extra. Some private providers may offer you a free repeat scan if you can’t see your baby’s face. However, others will advise you of the limits of ultrasound and may not offer to repeat the scan. Check the company’s policy before parting with any money. Do not be scared as with proper medical advice and handling these scans are safe for your child as they are built with are the precautionary methods for better enhancements of medical facility to your child nd also to the new mother as a pregnant women has lots to understand and cope up with, so to have a better look to their child is always a fresh wave for them to go through