Hair spa can be one of the best ways to nourish your hair internally and externally. They can be stress relieving and can also make you feel light & happy. But you cannot go to a spa regularly or even once a month as it is too expensive. The cheaper ones tend to use chemical products which can again be not so good on your hair. The process of hair spa is cool, but it is a bit of a burden on pocket many a times.
To help you enjoy the benefits of hair spa without spending too much, we bring you 10 best natural hair spa treatments for you at your home. These simple treatments do not require any costly equipment or ingredients. They just involve easily sourced natural ingredients. So, without wasting time, let’s go to the list-
[ WORTH READ: 12 MOST COMMON SIDE EFFECTS DURING PREGNANCY ]
Olive oil massage
Hair might require different nutrient elements which need to be sourced from different products. However, olive oil is one such ingredient that consists of several nutrients satisfying the needs of hair. Olive oil massage for hair can be a great hair spa treatment, particularly if you are hung outdoors most of the time.
- The process is very simple just massage olive oil for a few minutes.
- Make sure the massaging is gentle.
- Let it sit on the head for about 15 minutes.
- Soak a towel or cotton cloth in warm water to create warm compress around the hair.
- Keep it for about 10 minutes so as to expose your hair to natural steam.
- Use a mild shampoo and rinse.
If you want to address three problems related to hair
growth, dullness and scalp health, avocado mask can be a one spot solution. They are known for healing damaged hair and also preventing damage of hairs too.
- Smash or crush big size avocados.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of honey to it.
- Untangle your hair with the help of a comb.
- Apply this paste like mask on your head beginning from scalp to the ends.
- Leave the mask for about 20-25 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo to rinse later on.
Eggs are a source of protein which facilitates strength to the hair. They also prevent hair damage significantly. If you are worried about the stink egg remedies or masks leave on your hair, here is a tip for you. Never wash your hair with warm water after applying egg mask. Use cold water to wash off your egg mask and also the odour associated with it.
- Take one egg and add good amount of coconut oil to it.
- Apply this mixture like a mask on your head.
- Wrap your head using a warm towel, just like a shower cap.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and then use a mild shampoo to rinse.
- Do not forget to use cold water when rinsing.
[ WORTH READ: 5 AMAZING BENEFITS OF HONEY FOR PREGNANT WOMEN! MUST TRY! ]
If you have coarse hair and are praying for a softener, this hair spa treatment is designed for you. Banana being rich in potassium is good for hair softening. The hair gets more volume and appears a lot bouncier. Additionally, it also prevents split end which can also be an ugly characteristic for hair.
- You will need a ripped peeled banana, one egg white and one small cup of olive oil.
- Mix all these ingredients in a blender and extract a paste like thing from it.
- Apply this paste like a mask on your hair.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and then rinse using a mild shampoo and conditioner.
Milk and honey
- Take 1 glass of raw milk and add 1-2 tbsp. of honey to it.
- Apply this to your scalp and then to your hair split ends.
- Let is dry for about 15 minutes before you rinse with warm water and a mild shampoo.
[ WORTH READ : 4 HONEY BEAUTY TIPS FOR SOFT SKIN ]
Coconut cream consists of saturated fats and cholesterol good for hair. It ensures conditioning of hair thoroughly such that various hair problems can never return again. It is commonly used in several hair spa treatments too. Coconut cream is easily available in the stores or you can make a paste out of the coconut cream using a blender.
- Add good amount of coconut cream in a bowl.
- Make it a little warm using your hands.
- Apply it on your head and massage gently for about 5 minutes.
- Use a warm cotton fabric or towel to cover your hair like a shower cap.
- Keep it on for at least an hour.
- Rinse your hair using a mild shampoo.
- Avoid using hair dryer to dry your hair.
Strawberry might bring water to your mouth but save some as they can be used for natural hair spa too. You will need egg and olive oil in addition to yummy strawberries for this process.
- Take a cup and add some strawberries to it.
- Add one egg yolk and 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil to it.
- Mix these ingredients and extract a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your hair and let it be for 15 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo to rinse.
Coconut milk and lemon
Coconut milk is a nutrition expert for hair while lemon is a natural fruit that consists of anti-oxidants. Lemon juice is very useful in reducing the oiliness from hair which is a very common issue faced by most women today.
- Mix 1-2 tbsp. of coconut milk with milk powder.
- To this, add the juice of half squeezed lemon and a few lavender oil drops.
- Apply this mixture on your hair.
- Use a shower cap to cover your hair for about 15-20 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair and use a protein rich conditioner, in case your hair is not too oily.
Oil hair spa
Oils are very essential for hair spa. If you need a hair spa technique which could incorporate all major oils to create a single efficient spa treatment, this is the one for you. You will be using olive, almond, sesame and coconut oil in this treatment.
- Mix all the four specified oils in equal quantities, preferably 1 tbsp. each unless your hair is too long.
- Massage your hair using this mixture such that all your hair is covered with this mixture of oil.
- Use a shower cap now to steam your hair and wait for about 20 minutes.
[ WORTH READ : 11 EFFECTIVE HERBAL BEAUTY TIPS FOR GLOWING SKIN]
- Mix 1 tbsp. of honey in one cup of mayonnaise.
- Apply it well from scalp to the tip of the hair.
- Use a shower cap to cover steam your hair for about 15-20 minutes.
- Use a shampoo to cleanse your hair deeply.
- Try this once every month for better results.
Home spa can be so easy; you will be able to determine the same after using the above treatments. They are 100% natural and cost effective to yield great results. They reduce stress and have produced greater results compared to the commercial hair spa techniques too. So, why wait? Get your hair spa done at home today.