We all are scared of visiting a dentist and nobody can deny that. Dentists can frighten the living daylights out of someone and this is applicable on people of all age groups. Whether it comes to a regular oral checkup or for some diagnosis, nobody wants to pay a visit to the dentist because we all know whatever the reason is; it will end up in severe pain.Oral health is something that we cannot keep a tab on regularly because we cannot really see what’s going on in the inside of our mouth. We can only most keep our teeth and gums clean; beyond that we won’t really know what problems our oral health is suffering.
We get an iota of hint that something might be wrong only when we start having toothaches, bleeding gums, etc. Toothaches can vary widely, from mid soreness to an unbearable throbbing pain around the jaws. Some of the reasons that can lead to toothaches are cavity formation, infection, exposed tooth root, cracked tooth, gum diseases, loose filling, jaw joint disorder, etc.Toothaches occur when the central region or the pulp of the tooth gets irritated or swollen. This happens primarily because the pulp consists of several highly sensitive nerve endings. If you are tired of your incessant toothaches and cannot wait till you get an appointment with a dentist, you can opt for natural remedies to alleviate the pain. In this article, we will tell you about a few effective natural remedies that you can try to relieve the pain in your teeth temporarily.
Pepper and Salt
Salt and pepper, when mixed together, form a great combo that works miraculously on your toothache. This is because both the ingredients are packed with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties. Do the following to get relief from pain.
- Take pepper and common salt in equal amounts and mix them properly
- Add a few drops of water to the mixture to form an even paste
- Apply this paste directly on the tooth that’s paining
- Allow this paste to sit for a few minutes
- Repeat this remedy for the next few days every day
Garlic is a very famous and potent remedy for several forms of pains. It also works amazingly when it comes to providing immense relief from an incessant toothache. This is because garlic is naturally rich in antibiotic and other useful medicinal properties that help in alleviating the pain. The remedy for toothache is:
- Crush a garlic clove (alternatively you can use garlic powder too) and mix it with some table or black salt
- Apply it directly on the affected tooth to alleviate the pain
- Additionally, you can also chew on a couple of garlic cloves to get relief
- Keep repeating this treatment for a few days
Cloves are naturally packed with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, and anesthetic properties which play an important role in providing relief from pain and fighting infection.
Take two cloves and grind them properly.
- Mix the grinded cloves in a little olive or vegetable oil and apply the mixture on the affected tooth.
- Alternatively, you can dab a cotton ball in clove oil and rub it directly on the sore tooth.
- You can also mix a few drops of clove oil in about half a glass of water and use the solution as a mouth rinse.
- Chew on a raw onion for a few minutes; this will help in relieving the pain.
- If you are unable to chew it, just place a piece of raw onion directly on the aching tooth or gum.
Try these remedies to get temporary relief from the toothache. However, do seek medical advice from a dentist before the condition worsens.