Joints are nothing but the mere connection between the bones. They are instrumental in providing support and helping us move. Any injury or interference with the movement can result in joint pains. There’s nothing uncommon in having joint pains. It has been an evil for a lot of us and can be really annoying if it keeps persisting.
And it’s really a misconception that joint pain occurs due to aging because there are young people who suffer from joint pain too. According to experts, trauma, heavy lifting, fractures, arthritis, etc. can also trigger joint pain. While there are lots we can do to avoid joint pain, here’s a list of few home remedies that you can use to get rid of your joint pain.
Turmeric and Ginger Tea
Both turmeric and ginger are anti-inflammatories and help in reducing joint pain causing due to arthritis of any type (osteo or rheumatoid). Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and helps in lowering the levels of enzymes that cause swelling. Below is what you need to do to prepare this spicy tea.
- Boil 2 cups of water and add half teaspoon each ground ginger and ground turmeric to it
- Reduce the heat to simmer and let it heat for around 10 to 15 minutes
- Strain the tea and add honey if you want to
- Have it twice a day every day till the pain starts to subside
If you want, you can take this concoction in the form of a capsule as well.
Fenugreek is known for having curing properties relating to joint pain. It is also a powerful anti-oxidant with amazing anti-inflammatory properties. If you are suffering from arthritis and are struggling with joint pain, this is a remedy that you must try.
- Take one teaspoon of finely ground fenugreek seeds
- Swallow it followed by a glass of lukewarm water
- Continue having it every morning till you start getting positive results
- Additionally, you can soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds overnight and have them the next morning
Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate which is a naturally occurring mineral is popular for curing joint pain since years. Do the following for your joint pain.
- Add half cup of Epsom salt to a large bowl of warm water
- Stir it well
- Submerge your sore joints (area that’s paining) in the liquid
- You can take a bath with Epsom salt too if submerging is not too convenient an option
- Alternatively, you can soak your troubled area in a tub of warm water with 2 cups of Epsom salt
For centuries carrots have been use in Chinese medicine as a remedy for treating joint pains. They rejuvenate the ligaments, giving relief from aching joints. Have you ever thought of giving it a try? Here’s what you need to do.
- Take one carrot and grate it in a bowl
- Squeeze some lemon juice in it and mix it properly
- Have it raw or steamed
Like turmeric, ginger and fenugreek, onions are also known for their anti-inflammatory properties. They contain sulfur compounds which are instrumental in inhibiting the growth of enzymes that trigger the pain. According to a study, onions have morphine-like analgesic effects on joint pains. Make sure to add lots of onions to your diet henceforth.
Along with all these home remedies, make sure you drink lots of water as it softens your cartilage and will keep your hydrated. It will also remove waste from your joints which might also cause pain. Remember to massage the joints and also do simple exercise and yoga poses to open up stiff muscles.