India is a land of diversity and the diversity does not only extend to its culture but also to the foods. Can you resist from a sumptuous and appetizing meal? Who would, when you can get to know few of the best and yummilicious recipes of varied culture in India right here!
So what are you waiting for? Get ready to get a good read amongst few of the most tempting dishes-
- Tandoori Chicken – Tandoori Chicken is no more just the most famous dish of Punjab, however it’s a dish that has made a global mark for Indian cuisine today. With a simple mix of simple spices and yogurt marinate, tandoori chicken is cooked in traditional tandoors for the authentic tastes. Every house hold has now experimented the dish in their own way at home. So get started right away.
- Maa ki daal – Cooked with traditional spices and generous amount of ghee this dal will never disappoint you. Direct from the homes of Punjab this dal carries a lot patience and love. Best cooked with a mix of rajma and black urat, but still people have their own variations to it.
- Sarson ka Saag – Sarson da saag and makki di roti is the most popular dish in the winters of Punjab with extremely high nutritional values to it. Made with green mustard leaves and palak it can simply top the vegetarian menu for any Punjabi. Its served with makki (corn ) di roti and generous amount of white fresh butter. I am sure you can’t stop at one.
- Aloo Paratha – Can’t ever get over this paratha for life. In Punjab aloo ka paratha is a routine or daily breakfast of every house. Stuffed with lovely spiced potatoes and served with fresh butter, homemade pickles and curd. We can’t afford to count on calories when it comes to this dish! Children love potatoes and this certainly tops their favourite paratha list.
- Kadi Pakoda – Extremely simple and tasty dish made of besan(gram flour) in tangy sour butter milk. Pakoras made and soaked in the kadi will leave you craving for more.