1. Helps to Build a Lovely Bond
Breastfeeding releases Oxycontin hormone which promotes maternal bonding. The mother and the baby will automatically develop a special closeness or a bond that cannot be replaced. This closeness can be enjoyed only by breastfeeding the baby. This is a very important step to make the baby feel secure around you. It also helps to reduce stress levels in women.
[ WORTH READ:TOP 8 COMFORTABLE SLEEPING TIPS FOR 3RD TRIMESTER ]
2. Provide Protection and Nutrition
Breast milk comes in perfectly balanced nutrition content depending on the baby’s needs. Mothers’ milk contains just the right amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and fats that the baby requires and this nutritional value can change as and when the baby grows and develops. No other formula or breast milk supplement can replace the goodness of breast milk 100%.
3. Early Milk helps pass meconium
Breast milk also contains several antibodies that have disease resistant properties and helps to keep several illnesses at bay. The first milk after childbirth called “colostrum” protects the gut and digestive system of the baby and is vital for the newborn’s health and development. It helps pass a sticky substance called meconium present in the baby’s intestine.
[ WORTH READ: 9 MONTH PREGNANCY CARE & WHAT TO PREPARE FOR, DO’S & DON’TS ]
4. More Breastfeeding = More Milk
The size of your breasts won’t really matter when it comes to milk production. Big or small, breasts begin to prepare itself for the milk production after the onset of pregnancy only. As the baby is born, the pregnancy hormones in the body activate the breasts to secrete the milk. The breasts will continue to produce milk as much as the baby needs, so it is like a supply and demand relationship!
5. Easy and Effective
With breast milk, you don’t have to worry about the milk going bad, as it is always at the right temperature, safe and fresh. There is also no hassle with sterilizing bottles, or boiling the milk and you can feed as and when the baby needs. Breastfeeding is perfect for the night too, as moms can easily feed the baby without any fuss.
[WORTH READ: CAN WHITE DISCHARGE BE A SIGN OF PREGNANCY ]
6. Pure and Fresh
Since the breast milk is given directly from the supplier to the consumer, it guarantees fresh produce without any adulteration, preservatives, pollution, unnecessary packaging or wastage of any kind and is 100% safe and natural. So you do not have to be stressed about any kind of toxicity in breast milk.
7. Diabetic women require less insulin
Sometimes, diabetic mothers are scared if they should feed their babies their breast milk or not. When you are diabetic, then you should definitely breastfeed your baby. This is because breastfeeding reduces the amount of insulin that is required by the body in diabetic women.
8. Longer Breastfed Babies Are Intelligent
A recent study has shown that children who were breast fed for a longer duration of more than a year scored higher in IQ tests and their academic performance was also better than the children who were not breastfed. Even the cognitive abilities develop faster than compared with the counterparts who do not breastfeed. Moreover, the chances of developing psychological or learning problems are also reduced.
9. Innumerable benefits to the baby
Every mother wants their kids to be safe from a lot of illness and diseases. Breastfeeding helps to reduce the risk of several medical conditions in children like:
[WORTH READ: FOLLOW THIS SIMPLE TIPS TO SPEEDING UP YOUR LABOR ]
- Asthma or breathing problems. It even helps to reduce a lot of other respiratory diseases or chest infections too.
- Ear infections are a very common medical condition in kids. Those who were fed with breast milk had lesser risks of catching such infections.
- Obesity or excessive weight is a matter of concern in many children. Your child can be significantly reduced with its risk provided you breastfeed them in the first year.
- Allergies can also be combated to a lot of extent in children by means of breastfeeding.
- Your child will also be protected against diarrheal problems like constipation, etc.
- Diabetes is also becoming very common, even in small children. It is increasing at a very alarming rate in kids and a simple act of breastfeeding helps you to reduce its risk.
- A lot of different types of cancer can be prevented through it.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) was also reduced significantly among breastfed babies.
- As the babies get all the nutrients through breast milk, it helps them to maintain their ideal body weight throughout their lives.
- The problems of blood pressure are also at bay. Babies who are breastfed are efficient in maintaining the normal pressure at an average. It also reduces the chances of heart diseases later in life.
- Behavioural problems are also reduced as studies have shown that kids who have consumed breast milk report lesser cases of erratic or other behavior issues.
- Not only physical conditions but even their maturity levels and the ability to make decisions were higher because of breastfeeding. The kids were more self-confident and secure with the way they were.
- It also helps to reduce the risk of your child getting hospitalized as their immunity will be higher compared to the babies who were not breastfed.
10. Economically Safe
Undoubtedly, you will be saving hundreds or even thousands of bucks by breastfeeding. Formula milk and breast milk replacements may be ideal, but they are surely not easy on the pocket. Even later in life these children face less medical problems in life so financial burden is also reduced to a large extent.
[ WORTH READ: 15 GREAT THINGS ABOUT HAVING A BABY BOY ]
11. Great for working mommies too
Working moms don’t have to worry about providing the nutrition for their babies as breast milk can be pumped and stored in airtight bottles too. The milk can either be expressed by hand or using a breast pump and stored in sterilized, airtight bottles to feed the baby in the absence of the mother.
12. Reduces the chances of ovarian cancer
Breast feeding not only has a lot of advantages for the little one but also for its mommy too. Scientific studies have proven that breastfeeding can reduce the risk of ovarian or uterine cancer in women.
13. Quick weight loss
Another study has shown that breastfeeding helps to lose the pregnancy weight that you put on as milk production requires a lot of calories, thus resulting in weight loss. It helps the uterus get back to its earlier size. It also helps to prevent post-partum hemorrhage.
[ WORTH READ: THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PERIODS AFTER A CAESAREAN DELIVERY ]
14. Reduces the Chances of Breast cancer
Studies have shown that breastfeeding for less that 3 months or not breastfeeding at all increases the risk of a woman being detected with breast cancer. If you start lactating for at least a year, then the chances of breast cancer can almost reduce by 25 percent.
15. Even Effective after 6 Months
It has been proved that breastfeeding the kids up to the age of 6 months provide complete nutrition for the baby which no other food can give. A lot of moms also continue to breastfeed their child, even after 6 months to ensure that the baby gets complete nutrition. It is highly recommended that mothers breastfeed the child at least till the age of 6 months to ensure proper growth and development of the infant.
Every woman wants their child to grow in a healthy environment and live a disease free life. This can be possible if mothers are aware about the benefits of a simple act of breastfeeding. Even WHO and other health and safety organizations believe the fact that the breast milk is one of the purest and safest foods that every baby should get. It is feasible even for those who have limited income and gives benefits that are beyond compare to formula feed.
[ WORTH READ: 18 THINGS I WISH I KNEW BEFORE BECOMING A MOTHER ]
After reading, you surely will now get serious about implementing this habit with your new born child as only a mother can know what is best for their child. Go ahead and give your baby the best food in the world, and also create some of the wonderful memories with your little one while enjoying that special bond.